Toys for Tots
A box is set up in the vestibule for donations. Toys for Tots is a mission of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, in which they collect new, unwrapped toys and distribute them as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in our community. See Paul Hedrick with questions.
Ways to Connect and Grow
A prayer group meets at Providence on Thursday evenings at 6:30 PM in Room 1. All are welcomed and encouraged to come and pray for individual needs, and the needs of our church, our community, and our nation.
DivorceCare will meet weekly at Providence from September 12th to December 5th on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30. If you know of someone who would benefit from being part of this group, talk to Leona Heasley.
The church library has been moved to the room at the front of the sanctuary on the left. You are welcome you to check out (figuratively and literally) all the great books available for children and adults, either after worship or any time the church office is open. Take advantage of this great resource!
Mark your calendars for March 23, 2018 because you won’t want to miss PPC’s Fun Nite Out with Peter Bottros, pianist/composer. Peter is originally from Egypt and shares his wonderful God-given gift of music, all the more remarkable because he’s had no formal training. He and his band have performed at the Pullo Center and the Strand, so we are very excited about welcoming him to Providence. For a sneak peak, visit http://peterbottros.com/videos/carol-of-the-bells/ and http://peterbottros.com/videos/imagine/.
The holidays are fast approaching. Listed are some events to place on your calendars:
* Do you love to sing? If so, please join our choir which will be singing weekly during Advent. Practices will take place every Wednesday evening at 7:00 PM from November 29th through December 20th. If you can’t sing every week, we’d still love to have you. See Patrick Wood with questions.
* Thursday November 30th @ 11:00 AM — We’ll be “decking the halls with boughs of holly,” so please come join us as we decorate the church and enjoy a festive time of fellowship...and pizza!
* Women's Annual Christmas Dinner Monday, December 4th at 6:00 PM. You’ll find a sign-up sheet by the Church Life Events bulletin board where you can let us know how many are coming and what you’d like to bring (A-M — desserts; N-Z — side dishes/salads). Please feel free to invite a friend! We will take an offering for Mission to North America (MNA) disaster response in the US and Canada which provides support to PCA churches. The organization also recruits and mobilizes volunteers, receives and distributes supplies and equipment, brings awareness of specific needs, channels recovery funds, focuses prayer and provides spiritual encouragement to our PCA family and their communities. Visit https://pcamna.org/disaster-response/ for more information.
* Young at Hearts — We will be celebrating Christmas and all the good stuff that goes with that wonderful holiday on Wednesday, December 13th at 12 noon. Please add your name to the sign--up sheet, and feel free to invite a friend. We will be posting more details in the following weeks so check your bulletin for updates.
* Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday this year, so we will keep our usual Sunday morning schedule and then hold our special Christmas Eve service at 6:30 PM.
Ladies—Do you enjoy fellowship while working on a craft project? A group of women meet weekly on Tuesdays from 1-3 here at the church, and they welcome newcomers. Just bring that half-finished sweater or the scrapbook you’ve wanted to complete for years and join in the comradery.
Ladies Prayer Partner Ministry Ladies — We have prayer partner ministry. If you would like to participate, complete a registration form which can be found on the back table, and drop it in the Women’s Ministry box. See Margaret Ramage or Denise Denning with questions.
The Women's Ministry Team meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM here at the church building. Any woman who attends Providence is welcome to attend these meetings. As a woman you are inherently a part of the women's ministry, therefore we welcome your input and suggestions. Please contact Denise Denning for more information.
The PCA Foundation (PCAF) is offering a free devotional book on generosity in the church. There are several copies on our bookshelf if you are interested in having one. This devotional booklet is also available on-line at https://pcafoundation.com/berefreshed/?utm_source=PCAF+Donor+Emails&utm_campaign=fcf9a41041-BeRefreshed+Devotional+%28Donors+20170718%29&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_efee680109-fcf9a41041-208669569