Welcome to Providence Presbyterian Church!
Welcome to the website of Providence Presbyterian Church. We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). We would love to worship God with you.
Sunday School 9:00 AM until 10:00 AM
Fellowship & Coffee 10:00 AM - 10:25 AM
Worship 10:30 AM until 11:45 AM
Providence is distinctively Presbyterian. The word “Presbyterian” is a Greek word meaning “elder.” The Bible instructs the Church to be led by elders who are men with high moral and doctrinal integrity. These men are trained and examined before beginning the work of leading the Church. These elders are to lead by example and service: helping the members of the Church trust Jesus more and more.
Finally, Providence Presbyterian is a “Reformed” Church. In the 16th century Christians throughout Europe recovered the Bible’s teaching. John Calvin in Switzerland, and John Knox in Scotland were two of the men God used to articulate how the Church should follow Scripture. Five points of doctrine began to define Reformed thought. These are sometimes called the Solas (which is the Latin word for “alone.”)
1) The Bible alone is the final authority in the believer’s life.
2) Man is saved through faith alone.
3) Man is saved by grace alone.
4) Jesus Christ alone is the Lord and Savior of mankind.
5) Man is to live for the glory of God alone.
Providence Presbyterian Church is accurately described as a Reformed and Presbyterian Church. This means that first and foremost, Providence is a Church. A Church is a gathering of men, women, and children who profess faith in Jesus Christ. The Bible calls the members of a Church “disciples.” A disciple is someone who follows the person of Jesus Christ. Providence seeks to be a Church made up of people following Jesus.
- Click HERE for our full schedule of events, with details.
- Missions Team to Belize June 30th - July 7th.
- Vacation Bible School July 23rd - 27th. 9:00 - 12:00 AM each day